I have spent the last year and a half, traveling the world talking to groups of various sizes about the need for improving the health of our technology cultures and communities.
- I’ve talked about the need for and strategies for mentoring.
- I’ve encouraged individuals from underrepresented groups to share their stories.
- I’ve given 100s of hours of my time “having coffee”, in an effort to help people successfully transition into tech.
- I’ve conducted research on the economic and business arguments for inclusion and diversity for gaining competitive advantage.
- I host and produce a podcast designed to have honest and frank conversations about inclusion and diversity in tech.
- I’ve listened to stories of people who have been harmed by past and current exclusionary practices in tech.
- I’ve designed and facilitated curricula focused on providing the information leadership and decision makers need in order to make effective changes in these areas.
- And everyday, I read a new story about how some organization or community is now dealing with the fallout of piss poor policies, processes or procedures.